Terms and Conditions
- An entry form (available online at www.worksafeawards.com) must be completed for each entry. Entries should include any attachments, photographs and films. If you are unable to complete your entry online please contact the Awards Coordinator.
- By submitting an entry, entrants shall be taken to have acknowledged and accepted these terms and conditions and to have agreed to be bound by them.
- Once your entry is officially submitted it cannot be amended. Please contact the Awards Coordinator if there are any amendments.
- Entry is open to all individuals and organisations except for WorkSafe and WorkSafe employees. WorkSafe employees may nominate other organisations/individuals that are not from WorkSafe.
- Only Victorian entries will be eligible to go into the running for an award at the annual WorkSafe Awards event.
- Entries may be made by paid or volunteer individuals, commercial, charitable or non-profit organisations of any size, government departments and agencies. Individuals or organisations may also be nominated for an award by another party.
- Entrants may reapply if they have been unsuccessful in past years. However, entries must clearly demonstrate significant improvements from previous entries.
- Entries will be disqualified if they do not have the intellectual property rights for the work, design, invention or mark and cannot provide proof of this if requested by WorkSafe Victoria.
- Entries that do not comply with relevant legislation will be removed at WorkSafe Victoria’s discretion.
- WorkSafe Victoria reserves the right to refuse an entry where the entrant/s or a related person or organisation is under investigation for possible breaches of relevant legislation (whether or not a prosecution is pending), or where the acceptance of the entry may be detrimental to the objectives of the Awards program.
- Entrants must advise the Awards team immediately in writing of any workplace health and safety incidents, investigations or prosecutions involving their organisation, including at other worksites.
- Entries will only be accepted through the WorkSafe Victoria Awards entry form. All sections must be completed (including tick-boxes).
- WorkSafe Victoria reserves the right to reject incomplete entry forms.
- To assist with judging, it is recommended entrants attach additional photographs/videos of their entry (where appropriate) in normal working conditions.
- Evaluation or testing information/data may be required for some entries (eg if a solution is promoted as eliminating all noise, proof of this is necessary). All such costs are at the entrant’s expense.
- The judging results are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- WorkSafe Victoria will not provide feedback or information to entrants regarding decisions or content of judging decisions.
- The results of the WorkSafe Awards will not create any legal obligations between entrants and WorkSafe Victoria.
- WorkSafe Victoria reserves the right to consider an entry under any of the various categories of Awards. This may occur without the consent of the entrant, however entrants will be kept informed of any category changes to their entry.
- WorkSafe Victoria will determine the Awards categories proposed for any particular year. The Awards Recipient Panel, as established by WorkSafe, will determine whether an award will be granted for a category or not.
- Entrants agree to give WorkSafe staff access to their workplace to validate their entry. This may involve visiting various areas of the workplace as well as holding discussions with workers and others (eg OHS consultant or contractors).
- Deadlines for WorkSafe finalist rounds and the WorkSafe Awards must be adhered to, to be considered for these prizes. Entries received after the deadline will go into the next period’s pool of entries.
- More than one entry may be submitted by an individual or organisation; however each entry must relate to a separate person, initiative or solution and can only be entered in one category.
- WorkSafe may at its discretion film any entry to the WorkSafe Awards. Entrants agree, when requested, to give WorkSafe staff and their contractors access to their workplace to film the entry. This may involve filming in various locations and include on-camera interviews with workers and others as necessary at the workplace or at the pre-arranged venue.
- Receiving a WorkSafe award/certificate does not signify endorsement of a particular product or a particular health and safety practice by WorkSafe Victoria. An entrant who becomes a WorkSafe finalist or winner may freely disclose or publicise the granting of this commendation, but must not represent, directly or indirectly, that WorkSafe Victoria has endorsed the entrant’s product, method of service, or the entrant’s work health and safety performance.
- The entrant/s accept that they or their organisation may be required for presentations, public promotions or events and media interviews in respect of their entry.
- WorkSafe Victoria reserves the right to publish the details of any entry. Any information published places that information in the public domain. The primary contact person accepts their contact information, as provided on the entry form (phone and address), may be published or provided to the media.
- Editorial control of film footage remains the sole right and responsibility of WorkSafe Victoria.
- Entries that achieve significant workplace safety, return to work or health and wellbeing improvement may be invited to submit a full entry for the annual WorkSafe Victoria Awards event.
- All entries must be original and the entrant/s must, where applicable, WorkSafe Victoria is not responsible for any loss or damage to entries.
- WorkSafe Victoria will not return any entries or supporting material to the entrant/s..
- Disclaimer – The publishing of an entry on the Awards website or the granting of an award does not constitute any endorsement by WorkSafe Victoria of a product, method or service, or the occupational health and safety performance of the workplace. Entrants who breach any of these terms and conditions are subject to disqualification. The granting of an award does not create any legal relationship between the entrant/s and WorkSafe Victoria, apart from these conditions of entry.
Please contact the Awards Coordinator if you require further details or clarification of any of the above conditions of entry on (03) 8663 5033 or firstname.lastname@example.org